Partners from OGAs and CSOs plant beach forest
seedlings at Sabang Daguitan, Dulag Leyte in
celebration of the National Women’s Month.
Employees of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR), Philippine Army (PA), Philippine National Police (PNP), Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP), partners from other government agencies, civil society organizations, and the local government unit of Dulag joined hands in developing the planting site which forms part of the Leyte Gulf Mangrove and Beach Forest Rehabilitation Project. This government project intends to safeguard coastal communities from the impacts of storm surge.
DENR Regional Director Leonardo Sibbaluca said the environment department believes that women effectively bring positive change into our environment. “Involving women in environmental activities is a way of recognizing them as potent partners in environmental protection and natural resources conservation,” he says.
DENR 8’s celebration of this year’s Women’s Month anchored on the theme “We make Change Work for Women,” kicked-off with the One Billion Rising campaign against sexual and physical violence. To foster awareness and empower women, a lecture series on anti-sexual harassment and violence against women and children was also held for DENR employees.
March was declared Women’s Month under Proclamation Nos. 224 and 227, while the first week of March was declared Women’s Week. March 8 is Women’s Rights and International Peace Day, and is known locally as National Women’s Day as declared by Philippine law.
DENR Secretary Gina Lopez, Sinimulan ang pagtulong sa mga apektado ng operasyon ng minahan sa Zambales; Mga katutubong Aeta, makakatuwang.
Matapos na bisitahin ni DENR Secretary Gina Lopez ang Dizon Mines at mga apektadong barangay at mga katutubo sa Zambales ng operasyon ng minahan.
- DENR Secretary Gina Lopez, Sinimulan ang pagtulong sa mga apektado ng operasyon ng minahan sa Zambales; Mga katutubong Aeta, makakatuwang.
- Lopez: zero tolerance for corruption in DENR under my watch
- DENR to assess socio-economic impacts of protected areas
- DENR, other stakeholders develop Plan for Basey Watershed
- DENR backs accounting of PH's natural resources
- DENR pushes for nationwide forest conservation to reduce climate change impacts
- DENR taps POs to reforest 500 hectares in Tapaz, Capiz
- DENR all set for green economy shift