We, in the Department of Environment and Natural Resources, welcome with much joy and hope in our hearts President Rodrigo Duterte’s decision for the Philippines to ratify the Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
As one of the countries most vulnerable to climate change, the Philippines cannot abandon its commitment in addressing the single greatest threat facing our planet. We are one with the world in tackling the threat of climate change.
By ratifying the Paris Agreement, we will be able to maximize our climate-adaptation and mitigation efforts to protect the Filipino people, among which include the Enhanced National Greening Program, Coastal and Marine Ecosystems Management Program, solid waste management, pollution control management, to name a few.
There is also no doubt we will be able to fully transform our communities toward climate resiliency, and embracing the principle of sustainable integrated area development as the way forward to achieving a green economy.The Paris Agreement will definitely bring a silver lining of hope to our sons and daughters—the Filipinos of the next generations—that they may continue to enjoy the country filled with bountiful natural resources and beautiful environment while having enough knowledge and wisdom to utilize them and be fully prepared for the “new normal” that is climate change. ###
DENR calls for proper management of wastewater, recognizes 14 'water champions'
To emphasize this year’s World Water Day theme, "Water and Wastewater," a top official of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) today underscored the need to focus on the so-called “double-sided effects” of wastewater during the culminating event of the celebration of Philippine Water Week and World Water Day at the Quezon City Sports Club.
This, even as DENR Undersecretary for Staff Bureaus Demetrio Ignacio, Jr. led the recognition of 14 “water champions” comprised of individuals, organizations, government agencies and local government units (LGUs). Read more...
- DENR calls for proper management of wastewater, recognizes 14 'water champions'
- DENR: Mining companies furnished with audit reports
- DENR chief lauds Duterte, Senate on Paris climate pact approval
- Lopez to CA: 'I'm not only about mining'
- Lopez faces CA anew, DENR official stresses vote for environment's future
- Multi-agency four billion-peso effort to produce green jobs in closed mines
- DENR, USAID unveil new biodiversity conservation project
- Statement of Secretary Gina Lopez on the President’s decision to sign the Paris Agreement on Climate Change