Also apprehended from the scene were twenty two (22) pieces of dipterocarp lumber with a volume of 1,178 board feet,108 yakal lumber with a volume of 2,150 board feet, one unit bandsaw, and one chainsaw.
Also apprehended from the scene were twenty two (22) pieces of dipterocarp lumber with a volume of 1,178 board feet, 108 yakal lumber with a volume of 2,150 board feet, one unit bandsaw, and one chainsaw.
Report further states that the boat builders and alleged owner Mario Rodriguez failed to present legal documents supporting the use of wooden materials and equipments for the construction. DENR operatives said persons involved are facing possible violations of Section 77 of PD 705 or the Revised Forestry Code of the Philippines.
DENR 8 Regional Director Leonardo Sibbaluca emphasized that the DENR will be unrelenting in its effort to protect the forest resources of the region. "The full force of the law will be imposed upon violators, and if found guilty, they shall suffer the penalty thereof," said Director Sibbaluca.
The unfinished boat, dipterocarp lumbers, and the bandsaw are now under the custody of Brgy. Kagawad Rizalido Eval since immediate transfer to the nearest DENR office is not yet feasible. The apprehended yakal lumbers were brought to the headquarters of the 546th Engineering Construction Battalion, 53rd Engineering Brigade, Phil. Army at Kuta Cancabato, San Jose, Tacloban City, and the chainsaw was brought to the headquarters Naval Station Discoro Papa of the same camp for temporary custody pending proper disposition.
DENR Secretary Gina Lopez, Sinimulan ang pagtulong sa mga apektado ng operasyon ng minahan sa Zambales; Mga katutubong Aeta, makakatuwang.
Matapos na bisitahin ni DENR Secretary Gina Lopez ang Dizon Mines at mga apektadong barangay at mga katutubo sa Zambales ng operasyon ng minahan.
- DENR Secretary Gina Lopez, Sinimulan ang pagtulong sa mga apektado ng operasyon ng minahan sa Zambales; Mga katutubong Aeta, makakatuwang.
- Lopez: zero tolerance for corruption in DENR under my watch
- DENR to assess socio-economic impacts of protected areas
- DENR, other stakeholders develop Plan for Basey Watershed
- DENR backs accounting of PH's natural resources
- DENR pushes for nationwide forest conservation to reduce climate change impacts
- DENR taps POs to reforest 500 hectares in Tapaz, Capiz
- DENR all set for green economy shift