Also apprehended from the scene were twenty two (22) pieces of dipterocarp lumber with a volume of 1,178 board feet,108 yakal lumber with a volume of 2,150 board feet, one unit bandsaw, and one chainsaw.
Also apprehended from the scene were twenty two (22) pieces of dipterocarp lumber with a volume of 1,178 board feet, 108 yakal lumber with a volume of 2,150 board feet, one unit bandsaw, and one chainsaw.
Report further states that the boat builders and alleged owner Mario Rodriguez failed to present legal documents supporting the use of wooden materials and equipments for the construction. DENR operatives said persons involved are facing possible violations of Section 77 of PD 705 or the Revised Forestry Code of the Philippines.
DENR 8 Regional Director Leonardo Sibbaluca emphasized that the DENR will be unrelenting in its effort to protect the forest resources of the region. "The full force of the law will be imposed upon violators, and if found guilty, they shall suffer the penalty thereof," said Director Sibbaluca.
The unfinished boat, dipterocarp lumbers, and the bandsaw are now under the custody of Brgy. Kagawad Rizalido Eval since immediate transfer to the nearest DENR office is not yet feasible. The apprehended yakal lumbers were brought to the headquarters of the 546th Engineering Construction Battalion, 53rd Engineering Brigade, Phil. Army at Kuta Cancabato, San Jose, Tacloban City, and the chainsaw was brought to the headquarters Naval Station Discoro Papa of the same camp for temporary custody pending proper disposition.
DENR calls for proper management of wastewater, recognizes 14 'water champions'
To emphasize this year’s World Water Day theme, "Water and Wastewater," a top official of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) today underscored the need to focus on the so-called “double-sided effects” of wastewater during the culminating event of the celebration of Philippine Water Week and World Water Day at the Quezon City Sports Club.
This, even as DENR Undersecretary for Staff Bureaus Demetrio Ignacio, Jr. led the recognition of 14 “water champions” comprised of individuals, organizations, government agencies and local government units (LGUs). Read more...
- DENR calls for proper management of wastewater, recognizes 14 'water champions'
- DENR: Mining companies furnished with audit reports
- DENR chief lauds Duterte, Senate on Paris climate pact approval
- Lopez to CA: 'I'm not only about mining'
- Lopez faces CA anew, DENR official stresses vote for environment's future
- Multi-agency four billion-peso effort to produce green jobs in closed mines
- DENR, USAID unveil new biodiversity conservation project
- Statement of Secretary Gina Lopez on the President’s decision to sign the Paris Agreement on Climate Change