UPDATES ONPRIORITY PROGRAMS AND PROJECTS
DENR – LGU Paranas inks pact for the management of Ulot Watershed Model Forest
The Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR), Region 8 through its Protected Area Superintendent Office in the Samar Island Natural Park (SINP), Tenani , Paranas, Samar join forces with the local government unit of Paranas, Samar through a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) for the management and conservation of the Ulot Watershed Model Forest (UWMF).
The MOA covers the protection and conservation of the UWMF biodiversity and forest resources as well as development and management of ecotourism and other sustainable development activities in the area.
The UWMF located in the municipalities of Taft and Can-avid in Eastern Samar; Paranas, San Jose de Buan, and Hinabangan in Samar comprise an aggregate area of 86,514 hectares. This is one of the eight watersheds covered by the Samar Island Natural Park (SINP).Read more...
- DENR – LGU Paranas inks pact for the management of Ulot Watershed Model Forest
- DENR inks MOPA with two Southern Leyte towns for land titling partnership
- DENR Regulate Chainsaws
- March 22, 2014 is World Water Day
- Green Sea Turtles Released Back to Sea
- EV to Benefit from the 1 Billion Peso Mangrove Rehab Project
- DENR-LGU Tacloban Launches Leyte Gulf Rehabilitation Project
- DENR to conduct post forest fire activities in E. Samar towns affected by forest fire