Biliran Critical Habitat Underway - DENR
“Initial steps are now being done by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources to establish the Critical Habitat project within the province of Biliran,” says DENR Regional Technical Director Danilo Javier of the Protected Areas, Wildlife and Coastal Zone Management Service (PAWCZMS).
According to RTD Javier, the establishment of a Critical Habitat is being pursued by the Department due to the significant presence of the Philippine Tarsier (Tarsius syrichta) in identified areas specifically in the towns of Almeria, Kawayan, Culaba and Naval (ALKACUNA), all in Biliran province. The proposed Critical Habitat, with an area of over 12,000 hectares will showcase the natural habitat of the Philippine Tarsier (locally known as Mago). It will also showcase how proper management of wildlife in their natural habitat will be beneficial to the wildlife itself and the people.
- Biliran Critical Habitat Underway - DENR
- Filing of Land Titling Applications soon to be accessible in five more towns in Eastern Visayas
- EV’s Cadastral Survey Program continues
- DENR 8 Rallies Public Support for Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation Advocacy Campaign
- Candahug Coastline Greened with Beach Forest Seedlings on Arbor Day
- June is Philippine Environment Month – “Raise Your Voice, Not the Sea Level”
- DENR8 Inks MOA with ALKFI for Development and Management of Sohoton Caves in Basey, Samar
- Trees cut along Samar Road Development Project’s road right of way to be replaced 100 times